Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Done...finished...filed

Dare I tell you that I finished my taxes in one Sunday afternoon? How is this possible, you ask...well, it's possible because several years ago, I set about organizing my tax files so that I don't have to even think about it much anymore.

I created a file in my drawer that is labeled "Current Year Taxes". Into that file I always place a copy of my previous years taxes for reference, a worksheet containing all the information that is asked for each year, i.e., the square footage of my home office and the beginning and ending mileage from my car, etc. I drop all my 1099's into this file as well.

During the year, I post my income and expenses weekly, in Quicken, and I post my cash receipts quarterly. I keep all my monthly bills and receipts in an accordion file on my desk.

I order TurboTax from Intuit and in a matter of a couple of hours, I can complete my taxes. Granted, my life isn't as complicated as many others...but still, I know people who only need to file the 1040EZ and it takes them weeks!

If every year you've vowed to get organized, but you haven't, then isn't it finally time to call me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails