Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cutting boards

Every so often I read about another test that debates the use of plastic versus wooden cutting boards. From my studies, I believe that any board that is not properly cared for and washed is a problem waiting to happen.

These are my rules for cutting boards: keep them super clean and do not cut meat or poultry on the same board as fruits and vegetables.

I also discourage my clients who have moved into new homes, from using the built-in cutting boards that often come with the kitchen. You don't know what the previous owner did with that board. Discard it and order a new one.

I like these flexible colored plastic pieces for using on top of a wooden board. You match the color to what you are cutting and they go right into the dishwasher after use. I get mine at Sur La Table.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails