Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Saturday, December 29, 2007

My only new year's resolution

To curtail multitasking, actually get something done and enjoy doing it.

Those who study these things are coming out in droves to say that we are getting less productive by constantly trying to do 3 things at once. Certainly we have all found that talking on the phone while doing just about everything else is distracting and sometimes down right dangerous. Besides that, I am finding that nothing I used to do for the sake of it is fun anymore when I add on 2 other things. Like cooking for example, I love to cook, but now with a knife in one hand and the phone in the other and an email to read, I've just lost the joy of cooking.

I certainly see this in the way the service industry has disintegrated - do you ever really feel anyone is paying attention to you anymore? Yes, a dozen sales associates whiz by you all yelling hello from across the room, but is anyone actually serving you? And can you count on anyone to really follow through with anything that needs further attention?

Anyway, I wish you all the very best for the coming new year - good health, success, prosperity and much joy - all at the same time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails