Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Staging 101 - update

This week I was asked to stage this lovely home. The owner's wanted to use their own furniture and accessories rather than bring in rental pieces.

For purposes of staging, I want to give people a sense of what the home is like to live in, but not dictate how they should decorate when they move in. And I want to show off the homes best features. In the case of this living room, a spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge and Mount Tam. Here's the BEFORE...



Here's the AFTER... I moved the sofa away from the wall and the chairs away from the window. I want people to be able to walk completely up to the window and look out at the incredible view. I took the room down to just the essential furniture and created a friendly sitting area. I pared down the accessories and found another piece of artwork for the fireplace. It won't be long before there is a "sold" sign on this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails