Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Downshifting to the slow lane



















Yes, I have to admit that I am still working too hard on slowing my life down. Coming from the mid-west and having been raised to work hard and then work harder, it has taken me a long time to wrap my brain around the concept of slowing it all down.

But adjusting to the new economy, and the new norm of "less is more", has become something for me to practice as well as preach. So, I've been investigating the slow living movement and I can tell you about some of the things I've found...

Rightsizing, downshifting, downsizing, slow living, and simple living are terms most often used to describe the idea and process. Amazon carries a heap of books with these titles. I've a read a few. Or more actually, browsed a few - who has time to read a WHOLE book? Real Simple leads the pack of subscription magazines. But I've given up magazines in favor of computerized reading.

I've scoured the internet and come up with a few interesting sites and blogs, but I find that blogs start and then drift off never to be posted to again. My favorite so far is Simpleorganizedlife.com . There are plenty of organizing blogs, but this one covers more than just being organized.

If you've found anything interesting on these subjects, let me know and I'll check them out and report back, as soon as I get a minute...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails