Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Are you going to throw all my stuff out?

Last week Peter Walsh was featured on Oprah clearing out a home in San Jose. After the show I received 2 calls from prospective clients asking me if I would be dumping everything they owned in boxes and tossing them out the front door.

My answer was "No, and I don't know of any other organizer who would do that". Peter is a wonderful organizer and great ambassador of our profession, but he works quite differently than the rest of us do. He is also filming a show for TV and that has to be taken into account.

Every job is different and every client needs to be treated respectfully while coming to terms with all that has been accumulated. My job is to work with the client through the process of sorting and deciding until we have an agreement on the disposition of items. Only then do items leave the premises, hopefully to be repurposed or recycled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails