Your home. Organized.™ Your move. Easier.™
Serving the entire San Francisco Bay Area | Gayle Grace, 510-654-7983

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Are you neat or are you organized?

Today I did my one week check up with my office reorg client. His exact quote: "You rock. I only hope I can keep it up..."  I told him that it's not about trying to keep it up, and it's not about being neat, it's about efficiency and being able to get your hands on what you need when you need it.

Many people think that being organized is about being neat, and that's just not so. I can be messy in my own space, and believe me, when I am working 6 or 7 days in a row, my own house gets pretty messy. But, the difference is that when I do decide to clean up it only takes me 20 - 30 minutes to whip the place into shape, not 3 weeks - because I know where things live in my house. I have a system in place that kicks in when I have a few minutes to work on it.

And furthermore, YOUR system doesn't have to be like my system - it just has to work for YOU. My job as a professional is to come in observe and evaluate how you work and then tailor a system that fits YOU, not me, and not necessarily anybody else, if the space is totally yours. That's what being organized is all about Charlie Brown!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails